Oversees Extraordinary Families’ Unlimited Possibilities for Youth (UP4Youth) program for current and former foster youth, providing education planning, employment services, resource coordination, and one-on-one mentoring to support their transition to self-sufficiency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and executes services and activities in accordance with program objectives, the mission, and strategic goals of the organization.
- Recruits participants through community outreach to identify and engage eligible foster youth.
- Provides case management to enrolled youth, including assessment, plan development, resource coordination, mentor matching, and referrals.
- Conducts program orientation, supervision, and oversees transition to external programs and/or jobs.
- Plans and executes program-related events, workshops, and meetings (recruitment events, trainings, mentoring activities, annual summer picnic and holiday party, etc.)
- Maintains qualitative and quantitative program excellence through achievement of established measurable outcomes; identifies opportunities for program improvement and/or policy initiatives to improve outcomes for children and youth in foster care.
- Assists with the development of funding proposals and progress reports, as needed.
- Develops robust relationships with employers, resource parent work sites, community-based organizations, public agencies, schools, and other youth-serving providers to benefit foster youth and achieve program outcomes; represents the agency in committees and collaboratives as relevant to advancing the mission of the agency.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, education, or related
- Previous experience serving foster youth/at-risk youth
- 2-3 years supervisory or program leadership experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required
- High level of cultural competence and ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds and ages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the foster care system
- Ability to work proactively and assume leadership in job responsibilities
- Satisfactory health screen and satisfactory TB test
- Satisfactory Live Scan background check
- Understanding the requirements of a foster family agency strongly encouraged
This job may require supervision of 1-3 staff and up to 5 program interns.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
- Mostly sedentary indoor work in an office environment; position requires local travel, up to 50% of the time
- Prolonged periods of sitting
- Extensive work on the computer
- Frequent deadlines
We are an equal opportunity employer; reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals.
- New Hire Orientation
- Mandated Reporter Training
- CSEC Training
- Other training as required by licensing and regulatory bodies
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Director of Programs
Salary Grade: DM-1